Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Waiting


Silence the wind, we'll sit and we'll wait
Never knowing the next chapter
Does the prince get his bride?
You tell me this word, I've heard and I've heard
But this time it's different
This time its eating me from inside
And not someone on the news.
This time it's you, this time it's me
It's us
I used to be brought to tears
I used to hate it
But it was fictitious, It was the villain in other stories
But now, we're being attacked
Now it's real, and big, and menacing
Now we wait
What can be done when nothing is certain
What can we think, what can we know
There's a ghost in our future
Haunting each move, stealing our life
Sucking us dry
Nothing but this uncertainty directing our path
Nothing but our love holding this together.
Each roll of the dice brings us closer to the edge
We jump the spaces hand in hand
Hand in hand we'll be
Hand in hand we'll wait
For there is nothing else to do

2 comments:

Dancin' said...

Life is uncertainity. I can think of two ways 2 view the future. We canlive in fear of tomorrow or we can embrace the adventure it'll bring.

Instead of fearing the "what ifs" let's dream of what can be?

Laura said...

Oh of course. I think I pride myself in being an optomist. But sometimes life shoves you down a road that you were never prepared for in the beginning, and you just have to keep walking down it.