Wednesday, March 07, 2007

G is for Tea Latte

I have half an hour before I have to be at a meeting, and I am sitting
her at the library totally procrastinating. Why? What reason do you
want? I'm thinking I can either blame it on:

  • Stressing about the fact that I have managed to lock myself out of two houses all at the same time today
  • My sore hip. One should really not carry so many things in a backpack. Does Robax help hips too?
  • Being tired. I have had way too much school work to hand in this week.
  • The dog ate my homework. Seriously.

So, seeing as I am sitting here in this place of study, just staring up
into the sky (yes, there is a skylight) and pondering about the fact
that my tank top is green, my sweater is green, my earrings and
necklace and that ring on my finger is green.... I thought I'd tell a
little story.



The other night at Starbucks, upon realizing that neither Amanda nor I
had ever ventured to try a Green Tea Latte (sorry, a Tall, Non-fat, No
whip, No phlegm, Stirred not Shaken, Tazo Green Tea Latte), I would try
one. In went the Melon syrup. In went the Matcha. In went the
water. In went the milk. It was an aesthetic masterpiece.



IMG_1803



I took a sip. You always remember your first, or so I was told.
Truthfully, it was a thing of magic. I can't really describe what a
Green Tea Latte tastes like, because it doesn't taste like anything
else. Except Chicken. Everything tastes like chicken. In any case, I
liked it.

IMG_1805

Amanda had a very different experience though. First, the smell was a little too much for her. She felt that in order to prevent the inevitable up-chuck reaction, she must first plug her nose before diving in. The truth is though, she has a phobia about getting liquid in her nose. She feels the need to protect her nasal passages every time she drinks. Just don't tell anyone. It is a touchy subject for her.

IMG_1806

Unfortunately, Amanda doesn't seem to enjoy the taste of chicken (aka: Green Tea Latte). Seriously, how weird can you get? Once tested and tasted, Amanda followed her drink with a lovely rendition of "Oh My Gosh, It Tastes Like Grass. Seriously, it Tastes Like Grass". No sung would be complete without a dance: a hand-motion dance that is.

IMG_1807

So next time you're feeling particularly green (maybe on Saint Patrick's Day perhaps?), head out to your local Starbucks and pick up a Green Tea Latte (it's better than Second Cup's version I've been told). Although it seems somewhat strange and out of the ordinary to drink something with such a hue, I haven't started glowing green yet. Nope, seriously. That's just the green socks.



*** DISCLAIMER *** ABSOLUTELY NO CHICKENS WERE KILLED IN THE MAKING OF THE GREEN TEA LATTE. IN FACT, THE HOT, STEAMED DRINK DOESN'T EVEN TASTE LIKE CHICKEN. YOU SHOULDN'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ.

1 comment:

Cass said...

laura laura laura! You havent posted for so long! I miss sneakily coming along and reading your blog! Give us some words of wisdom :D