Monday, October 17, 2005

Acadia's Homecoming, courtesy of the MtA Football team

What? A post about my life? Nope, I don't believe it either. I tend not to do the whole "life update" thing. I think it is because I have a very low funniness level, making anything that I think is funny, completely and only understandable by MOI!. So, I fall back onto the random ramblings of a wandering mind.

But this weekend was so great, I think I will HAVE to do a "life update".

The ever consistent Mount Allison Mountie Football played against the Acadia Axemen for Acadia's Homecoming. Although a fairly close game (63-0) Acadia came out on top (I blame it on luck. They were clearly outplayed.)

Wolfville was swarming with the likes of 33C. Laura was there only for the game in the rain, but Caitlin and Keltie both went home for the weekend. So, not to be out done, I stayed the night as well.

Dan showed me around his old stompin' ground as we walked up and down the hill that Acadia is built on. I must admit, it seems like ever university (other than MtA, thank heavens) is built on a hill. Unfortunately, 33C happens to be on top of a hill, so I've screwed myself over either way. Although their football team leaves a lot to be desired, and their residences are no where up to par (Cutten, what Tiffany?), I suppose that students there could manage to enjoy their years stuck in Wolfville.

I got the chance to meet the lovely Dub and MJ, which was seriously a treat. I also met their roommate Cole, but only for a brief time. The four of us enjoyed a lovely supper at Paddy's (I have a hard time not putting an "O's" at the end of that), complete with Irish Cream Cheesecake. MJ and I used the commonality of her kinese degree and my football position as bonding grounds, as well as our New Brunswick roots (what a COOL province. Especially the Sussex/Saint John area.... oi).

The night continued and went great as our pool skills (what pool skills?) were put to the test as Dub and MJ challenged Dan and I to a couple games. Surprisingly, we managed to win the second (very surprisingly). A Toronto/Habs game was broadcasted, one which after the Leafs shameful loss last weekend was imperative to watch. Sports Center (I believe) said it best with their comment about the Leafs being seriously outplayed. (Sound familiar? This time its for real.)

The night ended with Scotskins at Matty's old place of work, (Matty, it was lacking without you). I really wish I was able to enjoy the delicacy, however that experience might have to wait for next time.

An eggs benedict omelet completed the fantastic weekend at Smitty's the next morning. Although the cab company left a lot to be desired, we had fun making fun of Dub's attempt to exit the building. "The doors are locked!"

Keltie, Caitlin, Caitlin's sister and I made the trip back to NB (with a stopover in Bayer's Lake, because THAT's not out of the way) and it was Home Sweet Home from that point on.

7 comments:

M-J said...

It was a good weekend! Maybe next year Mount A will manage to get a point in the football game, muwahaha.

Tiffells said...

I think it sounds like a great weekend all around! And our residences aren't LACKING! l:( they are perfect just the way they are! Annnd, do you remember some really stupid looking girl that was tiny and had a white vest with face paint all over it? well that Kate! So we were there to support out Football team! there were tons of Cuttenites there! :)

DJO said...

Cuttenites? Is that what you call yourselves these days?

When I was at Acadia the residence was called "Slutten Cutten" and well...you can guess what we called those who resided there.

Laura said...

I have too many friends from Acadia.

None of my friends from MtA comment here.

And very few of my friends from home do.

I feel outnumbered.

(PS - Not that I MIND! I feel SPECIAL every time there is a new comment!)

Laura said...

SWEET! :D

Matty Welsh said...

You can't go to Joes without me!

Actually I'm kinda glad I wasn't there, I wouldn't have had the patience (or time) to hang around whilst you 4 played pool. Must have been the longest game ever!

What was Smitty's like? My sources tell me it's nowhere near as good as the ones in the city.

Next time I wanna come!

Laura said...

Surprisingly, the games were fairly average. Must have been a good night for a few of us.

Matty, I missed you, next time, you have to come! And as for Smitty's, the food was fantastic, service however was lacking.