Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Everything Men Know about Women

Last Friday I got my hair cut. It might be the shortest I've had it since seventh grade (wow - was that ever short). I got about half a foot cut of the length, obviously quite a huge change. Despite many encouraging comments about it, my boyfriend, trying to be as loving and supportive (eye roll) as possible, has refrained from commenting at all. To my statement that he doesn't like my hair, he simply says "I never said that"....

It is implied.

My dad never had a great track record while dealing with women either.


Although friends with many females in university, my dad did not have much of a sense of the female mind set. Understandably, he grew up with no sisters. One day, a friend of his was sitting with her friends complaining of "cramps". Dad to the rescue, decides to give her some friendly advice. "When I get cramps, I just eat some Tomato Soup, and that helps!"

A second time, my dear father, showing an incredible amount of tact, was asked the dreaded question by a date "do you think I'm fat?". Now, from a girl's perspective, this is a desperation attempt when feeling inadequate. So my dad, addressing such feelings responded with "No, you're not fat. You're sturdy."

Seriously guys....

5 comments:

DJO said...

Isn't "honesty" a quality you value? I keep telling you, I'm just giving it time to grow on me.

And Dad's story was funny. Haha! You're "sturdy." hahah!

Laura said...

WRONG ANSWER!

See, I value honesty. Maybe I have a different outlook than me, or maybe you just don't know tact. Tact is still truthful, babe.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the note.

You're Amys sister, right? I think I went to lunch with you, her, and your dad last summer?

DJO said...

Clearly this is a battle us men can't win.

You're a beautiful girl L2. A little haircut, or a giant haircut aren't going to change that.

Matty Welsh said...

I wanna see a photo of your hair cut, then I'll judge it.

And in Dan's defence, at least he noticed you'd had your hair done, I have missed that one several times in the past.