Sunday, April 16, 2006

"Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Alleluia!"

Happy Easter!

Well, it has been a busy Easter weekend, but a really special weekend as well. My little sister Molly got baptized today. I thought this would be an excellent beginning to the "Conversation God" challenge that Anthony created for his last Video Blog Week submition. What better way to start off my addition to the conversation with a video of one of the major symbols that is central to Christianity.

I also think that this is an interesting addition to my blog because when I was talking to some people about baptism, it seemed odd that a ten year old girl was getting baptized. "Isn't that a little old?" someone asked me. Some people only know about infant baptism, but there is also believers baptism. Here in this video is an incredible peak on one beautiful individual standing before her family and church and expressing her death and rebirth in Christ.

So, excuse the shaky hands and the brutal video quality that my digital point and shoot offers. I hope you can look past all of that.

Happy Easter.





(Song on video is How Deep The Father's Love by Joy Williams.)

(PS. Sorry, I tried desperately to convert this to anything other than .wmv. Unfortunately, this is the best I can do!)

6 comments:

Anthony said...

Baptism.
Wow. It took some boldness to post this, I think. I think that is wonderful.
There is something about this ceremony. Something about watching someone get baptized that is always beautiful to me. Thank you for posting this. Thank you for sharing with others this beautiful tradition, symbol, and step of obedience.
Molly may you continue to take those steps closer to God. Congratulations on your Baptism.

Devin said...

Interesting, to say the least.

Anonymous said...

So it was Easter was it? I think I tried to get up for church this morning, but wasn't able to. I've tried to get up for church for the last year or so but haven't been able to yet, but I'm there in spirit, that's what counts.

Now I know what the meaning of Easter is and all that, but I wish they wouldn't inconvenience people by shutting stores and businesses down early, I think it's ridiculous.

For the most part it's pretty much just another day of the week, like Christmas and Thanksgiving, but people like throwing holidays in your face everywhere you go, and to me it's gotten to the point where I really can't stand the holidays anymore, who knows why.

But I do know what they symbolize, so Amen to that, I'm going to heaven when I die.

DJO said...

Great Video! :)

I wish I could have been there to give Molly a giant hug.

Erin said...

Found you via Anthony and conversationGod. This was really beautiful! Noticed you are from Sackville, NB. I live in South Carolina now, but grew up in New Brunswick until I left for school :) Small world!

Erin said...

Oh my! I watched your video again, and for some reason didn't catch the name of the church the first time. I have been there before! I spent most of my life going to Kings Valley Wesleyan Church just up the road. I attended some youth events there when I was in high school though with other friends. What a small world indeed!