Monday, May 22, 2006

Too Bad I'm a Loser....

There is a rumour going around that I have lost my mind. Or, maybe it is just me who is saying that. Either way, my sanity has been questioned a few times since coming home for the summer (or at least more than usual!) This might just be the icing on the cake, and I blame it on the abundance of work during a ‘long weekend’.

How much work is too much work? It isn’t too much if the money is there, is it? That’s one opinion. But money might not be as important as health. This morning, after waking up at quarter to five, I manage to faint and fall in the shower. Luckily I turned off the water right before I went out completely, and I wasn’t in the tub. Instead, I hit my head against the plastic-like shower walls, which give a little. Otherwise, it could have been bad news, especially since I was home alone. I’m feeling slightly better, but the light-headedness is still present, along with the headache from hitting my head when I fell.

Unfortunately, I made this movie before I hit my head. There is no excuse for my behaviour!


(My plan for the weekend, before I was offered to work overtime for double pay, was to go down to Halifax so I could see MJ and Dub who travelled from Alberta, along with Carolyn who is leaving soon. I was really looking forward to going, but fortunately or unfortunately, I’ve been working long hours for good money and poor health instead.)

8 comments:

DJO said...

Ha! I was at Dub's Birthday party in Halifax. And despite the large number of people, we didn't have a cake with candles for him. None of us planned ahead.

Infact, we got mad at Dub for not bringing his own cake. What a dick.

Great vid! I sure wish Dub and I had performed better in Cranium.

Anthony said...

That was just great. Great, great, great!!!!
Sure... a bit looney, but great none the less.
Cranium is an awesome game. Lots of fun with a good size group of people. I have Cranium and Cranium turbo edition too which is a quick play version of Cranium for when there just isn't enough time.
Don't work too hard. And don't forget that people rarely ever say at the end of their lives they wish they would have taken more time for work but many not having spent more time with family and friends.
Thanks so much for sharing. I enjoyed this video tons.

Erin said...

Laura, that was great!! I bet your friends totally loved it! Sorry that you aren't feeling well. Anthony is right.. what's the point of working and working if you can't enjoy your life because you feel so tired. Anyway, hope you feel better soon!

We should totally meet up this summer. Do you ever go to Concert in the Common every thursday throughout the summer? Fun fun :)

Anonymous said...

Wicked Cool!
Thanks tonnes for the video and the cookie!
I did notice however that Dan, and Carolyn, and even MJ had an "about me" section, whilst I did not :(

You're going to have to come and visit us sometime out here in the ole AB
Ciao

-Dub

M-J said...

HA! I loved that! That was by far the best Vlog ever! And I think it's funny you didn't say a little something about Dub! I look forward to a visit during your springbreak! Don't forget to bring Dan and Matty!

Laura said...

:) I didn't mean to not say something about DUB!!! I did sign to him though.... and that's a HUGE thing for me to do!!!

missbhavens said...

That was really sweet! I'm awfully sorry about your head! Be careful! Hate to sound like such a nurse, but if you keep fainting, go get checked out. Nuff said.

I've never played Cranium, everyone says it's a blast. My pals and I are stuck on Taboo, which is my very favorite.

1. Your glasses are killer.
2. Also the necklace.
3. it's pretty impossible to turn down doubletime OT pay.

Carl Weaver said...

Awesome video. Sorry you missed your friends and hit your head - that stinks. But looks like you had a good time with the paper friend replicas. Very creative.