Friday, July 29, 2005

Happy Birthday, Molly!


Today is my beautiful little sister's tenth birthday. To believe that she has actually reached the 'double digits' is so incredible.

I was nine and a half when she was born. I was so excited to think about having a little sister or brother. She was supposed to be born on July 16th, but ended up coming late. Those few weeks of July seemed to just crawl as we waited in anticipation.

The night Mom went into the hospital, Uncle Bob and Victoria stayed at our house with Amy and I. The three of us (Amy, Victoria, and I) had a sleepover in Amy's bottom bunk bed, each of us squishing into the single bed.

At four o'clock that morning, she was born. I slept right through it, although the night before it had taken me forever to get to sleep. Was it going to be a boy or a girl. I tried to tell myself that I would be happy with either, but what little girl doesn't want a baby sister?

The next morning, up we rose. Dad came into the house and told us that mom had a baby.

"Well, what is it?"

Dad smiled.
"It's a ...... b...... girl!"

Now that precious little baby is a remarkable 10 year old.

There is no doubt that she is the cutest thing in the entire world,



She is fun,

She has the most incredible imagination,

She is friendly,

She is talented,

She is a fantastic sister,

And she has such a huge heart.

Isn't she beautiful? Happy tenth birthday, Molly. I love you with all my heart! It has been such an interesting ten years up till this point, and cannot wait to watch you grow into a beautiful woman!

Love, your big sister.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Molly is such an awesome girl!!

Happy Birthday Molly!!

DJO said...

Um...that was me!

Anonymous said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a videogame maps site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!